zaterdag 13 november 2010

Flanders is flooding!

It just keeps on raining! 2 holidays this month (November 1st and 11th), but even on those days my training volume was seriously limited due to the excessive rainfall.




Last Thursday, I was home just before it started raining (after only a 2h bikeride, cfr. picture), and I can fairly say it hasn't stopped since! A whole month's worth of rainfall in just 2 days!

Overall, November has been quite a good month training-wise, although the number of hours spent on my bike are far too limited. Running on the other hand is going quite well. I even got up at 6 on Friday to go for an 8K run before work. Nice way to start the day, although I'll have to start cycling to work again if I want to do the necessary endurance rides. This week (November 8th to 13th), I did sports 5 out of 6, but this was only good for 5h20 worth of training. According to ancient cycling wisdom (ahum), I should be doing "long kilometers" (to put it in Pieter Heyvaert's words, although I firmly believe all kilometers are equally long), but due to the excessive rainfall this really isn't possible. I'll just have to hope it will stop raining soon, and start cycling to work!

I also went for a swim today, and was quite happy to see I did 2 kilometers in 45 minutes. Although I'm not that big a swimmer (I'm afraid I still have an awful lot to learn technique-wise), I quite enjoy the "flow" you get in if there aren't many people around.

I'm still waiting for the confirmation of my registration to arrive by mail, but in the meantime I'm planning the rest of my 2011 holidays. I might just go to New York directly after "The challenge", but girlfriend Delphine has the final say on this! Check the "goals 2011" section for an update on my programme!

Bye for now

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten