zondag 30 januari 2011

When you feel it coming....

Training with the "Scheldepeloton" yesterday, after not having felt 100% since Tuesday night. A soar throat, bit of phlegm,... I figured riding would give me the answer as to whether it was just a small cold that had already passed or whether I should take it even more slow than I already did these last few days. Unfortunately, I immediately felt that I wasn't 100% fit. Whenever the pace went up, I suffered instantly! A sky-rocketing heart rate, and a bad feeling overall. Some of the guys decided to throw in some extra Ks, but I was happy to see that most of the riders took the "normal" way home. After all not a bad training (95K: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/65774550), but I'm not sure that counts, given that a sick body can't be trained.

Well, I guess I'll just have to wait and rest, and enjoy the Australian Open Men's Finale and the World Championship Cyclo-cross from the couch. Being sick has its advantages as well;-)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten