zaterdag 19 maart 2011

Am I back?

First of all, again, my apologies for not having posted anything lately. But those of you that have already been injured will know the reason why... it's just so frustrating to even think about racing, let alone just riding, that you prefer not to think about the bike at all. Last weekend I went to the Ardennes with a couple of friends (Yes, Phil, I even passed your "Hometown"), but unfortunately I had to let the others go because I felt the knee started hurting again... So Phil, I hope you can understand why I didn't stop by to say hello.

As a result, I was on the train home that same night, saying to myself that this really the end of my 2011 spring "campaign". Riding the Tour of Flanders while not having been able to train appropriately is simply not realistic, but even worse: I was simply UNABLE to ride!

The week before going to the ardennes, I spent almost an hour optimizing my position, in vain appearently...
But all of a sudden, things seemed to change. Even though I was in a lot of pain on Saturday, I was under the impression my knee healed very quickly this time... I tried going out on Wednesday (90 minutes), and once again in the rain (at night) on Thursday (120 minutes). WITHOUT FEELING ANYTHING!!!

And now, Saturday, I'm just back from a 120K ride, without knee pain again! I really hope these troubles are finally behind me... My form is terrible of course, but I just feel happy being able to ride again. Tour of Flanders will be horrible (I really wasn't able to do the necessary trainings, and it's already in two weeks!), but to be honest.... I don't mind. I'm just so happy to be back! I hope...

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten