donderdag 3 maart 2011

Arthro-CT Scan, RX, scanometry,...

Indeed: in depth  (you can take that literally) examinations to see what's causing my knee problems. Tomorrow I can call Dr Rousseaux in Drongen (only to make an appointment). By the time I will be able to go, it will be mid-April I'm afraid. The docter that took the photos wrote a report directed to his colleague, and from what I understand, I don't really have any anatomical problems (only a 4mm leg difference, and no real cartilage damage). However, the white spot on top of my knee-cap might indicate cartilage starting to break down...Whether this is accute or chronical I don't know...Weird thing is that unless I get the picture all wrong, the knee pain I'm feeling is on the other side of my knee-cap:-p.




Anyway, in order not to jeopardize the rest of the season I decided to take it slow for ten days (NOT cycling nor running), and hopefully my knee will be recovered enough so I can join the guys in the Ardennes next weekend (March 12-13th). If I'm not able to train well there, I'm afraid I will have to skip this year's Tour of Flanders (just like in 2009).

I must admit it's pretty demotivating and frustrating, not being able to train as I would like and should. Hence why it's been so long since my last blogpost. Will I be the one laughing in Summer because I'm still "Fresh"?... I certainly hope so!

1 opmerking:

  1. Kop op jong:
    de legendarische zomer van 2009 kwam ook na een voorjaar vol knieproblemen.

    'k ben al bang voor de komende zomer!
    Hopelijk komend weekend in ardennen!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen