maandag 28 maart 2011

Ready for Flanders!

At least, I hope. I was able to train without pain on Saturday (where my form surprised me and my co-riders), and Sunday (first time on my new bike, loved it! Almost 60K in 90 minutes with the local peloton!). I guess the reason for my knee trouble was indeed my position...

Tomorrow, I'm going to work by bike again, and on Wednesday I'm planning a short but fast session. Rest of the week will be all about recovery.

I'm still reckoning with the possibility that I have to call "Soigneuse" Delphine to come and get me since I'm not sure my knee will hold the entire day (260K), but I'm not planning on jeopardizing the rest of the season, even if it is THE Tour of Flanders. The day after, a breakfast at Julie's house (http://www.julieshouse.be/) is planned. It might just help me get through the difficult moments ;-)

Oh yes, I registered for the Bioracer Ardennes Challenge 2011 as well today, aka Gran Fondo Ardennaise, where I rode very well last year. Hope to repeat that performance, but if i've got the choice I'd rider do better than my two 135rd-places in Les 3 Ballons one week later...

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten